Trajectory Control and Behaviour
This section describes the behaviour of the device trajectory when a movement command is issued.
Software Position Limits
The travel range of the device is confined by the Minimum Position and Maximum Position settings. The factory settings for the devices are configured to match the physical travel range. If a customized range is desired, it can be changed via configuring the limit.min (T:106) and limit.max (T:44) settings to appropriate values.
- Minimum Position
- When Current Position is less than the Minimum Position value, the device cannot move in the negative direction (towards the motor).
- Maximum Position
- When Current Position is greater than the Maximum Position value, the device cannot move in the positive direction (away from the motor).
The movement speed of the device depends on device status and various speed settings. If the device has not been initialized by the home (T:1) command or by moving towards the home end of the device, movement speed will be constrained to fail-safe values. The home status of the device can be determined by reading the limit.sensor.triggered (T:53) setting for the home sensor. The binary command additionally requires a value of 103.
Movement speed of the device is specified below:
- Knob manual movement in Velocity Mode
- The device will move at the specified speed regardless of home status.
- The speed is specified by the knob.speedprofile (T:112) and knob.maxspeed (T:111) settings.
- Other movement commands - When device has not been homed
- The device will move at the slower of the maxspeed (T:42) and limit.approach.maxspeed (T:41) settings.