Motorized Linear Stages with Built-in Controllers : T-LS Series Specifications
Zaber's T-LS series products are computer controlled motorized translation
stages with 0.1
Ám resolution and 13 mm travel. They are stand alone units requiring only a
standard 15V power supply. Multiple units can be
daisy-chained to a single RS-232 serial port on any
computer. They can also be daisy-chained with any other
T-Series products. Convenient 6-pin mini din cables on the unit allow for direct interconnection between
units in close proximity. For longer distances,
standard cable extension can be used. Even the power is daisy-chained, reducing the cabling necessary for large systems.
1. All of Zaber's T-Series products have integrated stepper motor controller and motor driver!
2. Manual control knob allows the user to move the linear stage at variable speeds.
3. Powered by standard AC/DC adaptors (included in kits), a convenient and inexpensive solution.
4. You can daisy-chain and control multiple units via serial port without additional hardware.
5. Available in 13 and 28mm travel.
6. Metric M6 or Imperial 1/4"-20 mounting holes, on 25mm or 1" spacing.
7. Precision ground rails and ball bearings. Smooth and accurate motion.
To control actuator position, simply transmit on the
RS-232 port the unit number of the stage you want to move, a simple move command and the position desired. After the
move, the actuator will report its position through the
RS-232 link. For a detailed list of available commands see the T-LS User's Manual .
T-LS stages keep their position even with no power
applied. When idle, power to the motor is automatically removed allowing it
to stay cool. Overnight power down with no loss of position is also possible. An
knob at the end of the unit permits smooth manual control.
Turn the knob a little and the unit will move at microns per second. Turn it fully to get a maximum speed of 4 mm/s.
During a manual move the actuator constantly transmits its position so the controlling computer can