Low Vacuum Miniature Linear Actuators with Built-in Controllers : T-LA-SV Series Specifications
Zaber's T-LA-SV series products are computer controlled linear actuators
with 0.1 um resolution and up to 60 mm travel. They are stand-alone
units requiring only a standard 15V power supply. Multiple units can be
daisy-chained to the RS-232 port of any computer. They can also be
daisy-chained in the vacuum chamber with any other T-Series products.
1. All of Zaber's T-Series products have integrated stepper motor controller and motor driver!
2. Vacuum compatible greases and epoxies are used.
3. Multiple units can be daisy-chained and controlled via serial port without additional hardware.
4. Only 5 feedthrough wires required to run up to four devices.
5. Vacuum compatible motors rated to 10^-3 torr.
6. Built-in controller comes pre-configured; no need to adjust parameters.
7. Standard mounting interface replaces most manual micrometer heads.
8. Precision leadscrew, stepper motor and advanced algorithm enable 0.1um resolution.
To control actuator position, simply transmit on the RS-232 port the
unit number of the actuator you want to move, a simple move command and
the position desired. After the move, the actuator will report its
position through the RS-232 link. For a detailed list of available
commands see the T-LA User's Manual .
T-LA-SV actuators keep their position even with no power applied. When
idle, power to the motor is automatically removed allowing it to stay
cool. Overnight power down with no loss of position is also possible. An industry standard 3/8" micrometer shank with 3/8-32 thread
allows the T-LA-SV to fit many popular stages. The lead-screw of the T-LA unit
does not rotate, providing only repeatable linear motion.
These actuators (T-LA28A-SV and T-LA60A-SV) use vacuum compatible greases and epoxies. They do not use a dedicated power cable like other T-Series devices. Instead, power is transmitted through the data cables, reducing the number of feedthroughs required. The data cable jacket is stripped back to the mini-din connector, so the individual wires are accessible for splicing to your feedthrough.
For more information on Zaber's vacuum devices, click here: Vacuum Devices - General Information.