Motorized Linear Stages with Built-in Controllers : A-LSQ Series Specifications
Zaber's A-LSQ series products are computer controlled motorized linear stages with a variety of lead screw pitches and travels. They are stand-alone units requiring only a 48V power supply, included with the kit version. A potentiometer knob at the end of the unit permits smooth manual control; turn it fully to get maximum speed. The stages connect to the RS-232 port of any
computer and can be chained with up to 254 units per chain. They can also be chained with any other
A-series and T-series products. Convenient 6-pin mini din cables on the unit allow for direct interconnection between
units in close proximity. For longer distances, standard cable extension can be used.
1. Multiple units can be daisy-chained and controlled via serial port without additional hardware.
2. Manual Control: press & hold to switch between modes; turn to move the stage; press to stop.
3. 48V high speed controller built-in.
4. 200 step per revolution stepper motor, microstepped up to 128x to provide smooth and precise motion.
5. Stage top supports Metric M6 threaded holes and Imperial 8-32 threaded holes.
6. Multiple A-LSQ stages can be assembled in XY or XYZ configuration without additional hardware
To control slide position, simply transmit on the
RS-232 port the unit number of the slide you want to move, a simple move command and the position desired. After the
move, the stage will report its position through the
RS-232 link. For a detailed list of available commands see the A-LSQ User's Manual .
A control knob at the end of the unit permits smooth manual control. Turn the knob a little and the unit will move slowly. Turn it fully and the unit will move fast. During a manual move the stage constantly transmits its position so the controlling computer can track it.